Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmc2030 Won't Connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have an H3 camera set up to a base station. Trying to add VMC2030 but it won't add.  Yes, my phone and camera are on the 2.4 network. I can't talk to anybody because apparently I never got a subscription, can't get a subscription because I don't have any cameras! 

The VMC2030 is showing up on my wife's android phone as connected to the H3 camera? The VMC2040 doesn't show at all on my iPhone.  I need help, someone who can unravel this mess and let me talk to someone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have an H3 camera set up to a base station. Trying to add VMC2030 but it won't add.  

The VMC2030 is showing up on my wife's android phone as connected to the H3 camera? 

I'm confused here

1. Is the VMC2030 you are seeing on your wife's phone the one you are trying to add? 
  2. When you say it is "showing up", do you mean that you are seeing it in your wife's Arlo account?
  3. If you don't mean that, then what do you mean?
  4. If you and your wife are using different Arlo accounts (likely), then which account is primary for the existing camera (The other would be a friend account)?  You should probably be adding the new camera to the primary account.

The camera can't be showing up as connected to another camera.  Though it is possible that you somehow managed to add it to the existing base.

@Retired_Member wrote:

The VMC2040 doesn't show at all on my iPhone.  

Do you mean VMC2030 here?  The VMC2040 is the Essential Indoor camera, th VMC2030 is the Essential Spotlight.

@Retired_Member wrote:

Trying to add VMC2030 but it won't add.  Yes, my phone and camera are on the 2.4 network.

General advice -

1. The WiFi network needs to be encrypted - set up as WPA2 (AES).
  2. It is important to select the correct camera model when going through the "add device" process.  In the specific case of the VMC2030, make sure you are selecting the Essential Spotlight camera.  Selecting just "Essential" will fail.
  3. Often it is easier to add the camera using a PC browser (my.arlo.com).

@Retired_Member wrote:

I can't talk to anybody because apparently I never got a subscription, can't get a subscription because I don't have any cameras! 

I need help, someone who can unravel this mess and let me talk to someone. 

Tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), they might be able to create a case for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have an H3 camera set up to a base station. Trying to add VMC2030 but it won't add.  

The VMC2030 is showing up on my wife's android phone as connected to the H3 camera? 

I'm confused here

1. Is the VMC2030 you are seeing on your wife's phone the one you are trying to add? 
  2. When you say it is "showing up", do you mean that you are seeing it in your wife's Arlo account?
  3. If you don't mean that, then what do you mean?
  4. If you and your wife are using different Arlo accounts (likely), then which account is primary for the existing camera (The other would be a friend account)?  You should probably be adding the new camera to the primary account.

The camera can't be showing up as connected to another camera.  Though it is possible that you somehow managed to add it to the existing base.

@Retired_Member wrote:

The VMC2040 doesn't show at all on my iPhone.  

Do you mean VMC2030 here?  The VMC2040 is the Essential Indoor camera, th VMC2030 is the Essential Spotlight.

@Retired_Member wrote:

Trying to add VMC2030 but it won't add.  Yes, my phone and camera are on the 2.4 network.

General advice -

1. The WiFi network needs to be encrypted - set up as WPA2 (AES).
  2. It is important to select the correct camera model when going through the "add device" process.  In the specific case of the VMC2030, make sure you are selecting the Essential Spotlight camera.  Selecting just "Essential" will fail.
  3. Often it is easier to add the camera using a PC browser (my.arlo.com).

@Retired_Member wrote:

I can't talk to anybody because apparently I never got a subscription, can't get a subscription because I don't have any cameras! 

I need help, someone who can unravel this mess and let me talk to someone. 

Tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), they might be able to create a case for you.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you, the key was the multiple accounts, we (my wife & I) have it correctly configured now.  Thanks for the insight.