Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

unable to add a second 2.99 plan

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
silverdeity52
Initiate
Initiate

I have two Essential Spotlight cameras and they are the absolute worse products I have ever bought. I actually decided to just not use them and purchase Ring products to replace them (because Ring actually works).

That said, I have tried and tried on multiple occasions to connect the device to my phone and went through many sessions with "technical support" to finally, with no help from them and after 2 days, get them connected on my own by just experimenting with the sync button and reseting them multiple times. Additionally, I have one of the cameras on a 2.99 plan for Single Camera recording but would like to add the second camera on another 2.99 plan but I am being told my customer service/technical support that it must be my browser or internet connection. I have one of the fastest Spectrum plans and I am very tech savvy and keep all of my equipment updated. I have followed all of their instructions to go to the website, select Change Plan, then Manage Plan but this just takes me back to the page I was previously at. It's very unfortunate and discouraging. 

Lastly, I really wish this company would get their act together. I feel horrible for those people (technical/customer service) who work there and have to deal with these conditions. It is clearly a matter of poor upper management and "decisions makes" are not making the right decision. 

Please help your staff do better for your customers and help your customers by making your products and software work. 

Trevor

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

silverdeity52,

When you attempt to change/add the subscription, are you receiving any error messages? Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're experiencing?

JamesC

silverdeity52
Initiate
Initiate

I would be happy to share my screenshot... again. Also, I would be happy to allow someone to remote access my computer so I an show the issue in real time. I have already sent screenshots 2 times to customerservice@arlo.com 

This is all very discouraging and I can't believe this is happening. Also,  I looked again at the website today and the 2.99 single camera plan has been raised to 4.99. This is nonsense. I don't understand how this company still even exists. The cameras are sluggish and just not as good of quality as Ring or Blink. 

I have been communicating with your Customer/Technical support for over a week now, and on multiple occasion. This is not how good companies should function. I just wish I wouldn't have waisted a few hundred dollars on the two Essential cameras I now own. 😞