Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jayala
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im very disappointed with the battery life on these cameras. I installed them December 26th and I have already had to charge them about 3 times. This is with the spotlight function turned off. Did i just get duds or is this a common problem?

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Jayala wrote:
    64.76 minutes on one of our cameras

Arlo considers 5 minutes per day to be "average use".  You are recording more than ten times that, so it is not surprising that the batteries are draining so much more quickly.

There's not much that can be done, other than to try to position the camera to reduce the amount of motion in the field of view.  You could also try reducing the motion sensitivity.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jayala wrote:
Im very disappointed with the battery life on these cameras. I installed them December 26th and I have already had to charge them about 3 times. This is with the spotlight function turned off. 

That is pretty quick battery drain.

How much video recording per day per camera? (Note you need to disable any activity zones to assess this)?

Jayala
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where do i go to find the amount recorded?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jayala wrote:
Where do i go to find the amount recorded?

You have to look in the recording library, and count up the seconds of recording for a typical couple of days.

Note you do need to disable activity zones if you use them - otherwise you will get a very wrong result.

Jayala
Aspirant
Aspirant
It looks like they are recording all day a bunch of saved events for all three cameras
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jayala wrote:
It looks like they are recording all day a bunch of saved events for all three cameras

What we need to know is how many minutes per day the camera is recording.  

Jayala
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jayala wrote:

Arlo considers 5 minutes per day to be "average use".  You are recording more than ten times that, so it is not surprising that the batteries are draining so much more quickly.

There's not much that can be done, other than to try to position the camera to reduce the amount of motion in the field of view.  You could also try reducing the motion sensitivity.