Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

i bought an essential outdoor camera and even using a 2.4 GH - I cannot get the camera to be found

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eireneus
Aspirant
Aspirant

See above.  We have the essential camera.  Logged in with a 2.4 GH wifi.  Camera cannot be found even post resetting.

Tips and tricks to setup?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting to the point where the camera chimes?

Eireneus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup definitely.   I hear the chime but the camera is then not found.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eireneus wrote:

Yup definitely.   I hear the chime but the camera is then not found.  

Check your router's attached device list, and see if the camera has managed to join your home network.

Eireneus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, device is not added.  

Should I just return and choose a different brand?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eireneus wrote:

Nope, device is not added.  

Then check for the following:

• WiFi security set to WPA2 (AES)
  • no punctuation or special characters in the WiFi network name or password (including spaces).

There might be security features in the router that are getting in the way.  What manufacturer/model router do you have?

Gary_BKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem. Tried MANY times to get them to connect. Very occasionally they would, but were very unstable after that and I never got them working for more than an hour or so. After weeks of working with support, I asked for refund but since it had been over 30 days they wouldn't refund need. I strongly suggest you return them for refund and buy another brand. I bought Eufy and they've been fantastic.

Eireneus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank-you!

Eireneus
Aspirant
Aspirant

My router comes from Rogers.  I am pretty confident I am entering the network name correctly.  I bought another system for another property we have and I was easily able to connect to that system - Blink.