Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KiwiPhil
Follower
Follower

I have Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras at home and at my holiday home. Can I group the cameras by location so I can, for example, arm or disarm all cameras at one location rather than having to do them individually? 

I have googled instructions but they refer to options in the App and on the browser that I don't appear in my App/online.  I have the Arlo Secure Plus plan and the App I'm using is up-to-date as far as I can tell (no updates pending).

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It depends on whether you're using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos or the new one that uses Feed. The current apps support both UIs so it's not an app difference. 

For the old UI, you can remove the cameras from one location and set up a second account to add them there. You can then use Settings, Grant Access to share one account's devices to the other so all cameras are seen in that one login. It's not the same as being logged into that account but it's close. Just be aware that you'll likely still need to log in occasionally.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app

For the new UI, you will need to create 2 Home locations so each setup is unique. You'll also need a subscription for each location, unlike with the old UI. It's important to note that eventually you will be migrated to the new UI so it may now be the time to go ahead and get it over with. There are ramifications with this such as not being able to revert to the old UI and custom modes won't transfer. Any custom modes will have to fit into the 3 default modes the new UI supports.