Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sir_seagill
Star
Star

now that the firmware rollback is fixed and I have an account here, might as well put in my feedback:

the app needs better error handling. 

adding a camera is a pain. i do all the steps, go to searching for camera and it fails. and that's all i get told. I don't know what's wrong. is it the internet, the faulty camera? the camera's been set up before (i restarted it for the firmware thing) so I know what I'm doing. I just keep trying until it works. which took 3 hours.

when it does find the camera sometimes it's stuck at the searching for firmware. forever. we need more info. what stage is it at? was the firmware found? what % is downloaded? what % is installing? what I got was an endless loop of looking for firmware and failing. and then when i quit the app, my camera is gone again, I have to start from the begging. 

why is a camera no longer added when there's an issue with firmware? it's not the customer's fault about firmware. 

if things don't change i can't recommend Arlo to anyone and will try another brand if I get cameras again in the future

2 REPLIES 2
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It is horrible, isn't it. 

Maybe they need to get them some of that "Artificial Intelligence"  or invest in "CHAT GPT", and let it take care of the troubleshooting.

sir_seagill
Star
Star

it's not rocket science. we just want more info on what's going on. for firmware, can can just have:

finding firmware.

downloading firmware (with a % downloaded)

installing firmware (with a a % installed)

that's it. then we can at least know what went wrong. although when firmware doesn't get installed properly it shouldn't forgot the camera completely. just seems like basic logic