Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

essential outdoor - reporting animals as people - Item No. VMC2330-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ehartka
Follower
Follower

All of the sudden my cameras are reporting animals as people - waking me up at all hours of the night - we have tons of deer/fox/raccoons etc here and I have my alerts set on people and vehicles only.

This has only recently started happening.  It seems like there must have been a change made that has caused it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try resetting your selections in Smart Notifications for the camera as well as donating the incorrect videos which could help the programmers to fine-tune the algorithm. In the library, select a video and use that video's menu to donate.

My wife has occasionally been identified as an animal (no comments from the peanut gallery) while my koi pond filter may be identified as a person (it's vaguely got a human-ish profile).

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, I learn something new every day.  I had no idea what the "donate" function was.  Who else thought it was some sort of monetary donation?

Anyhow, my cam's have been getting notifications of the neighbor's cats being "person" and "vehicle".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RegularJoe wrote:

Anyhow, my cam's have been getting notifications of the neighbor's cats being "person" and "vehicle".

One thing to check is whether there is anything else in the scene that looks somewhat similar to a person or vehicle.