Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

charger cable misplaced - any way to charge using mobile phone charger cable until original found

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arlo-user-001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our charger cable has been misplaced. can we use another (mobile phone charger) cable until the original cable is found?

The battery level of out arlo device is below 25%. 

Is there anyway we can charge the device (AVD2001Aer1.2 Wirefree) with a mobile phone charger cable for example temporarily?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That should work fine. Cables can be a bit of an issue since some have more plastic around the connector making it impossible to seat properly so verify all is well when plugged in.

arlo-user-001
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked out fine.

Actually, the charger was also misplaced along with cable, so we needed to use a charger and cable from mobile phone. 

My sister did the charging. From what she said, it was a bit slower than using the charger (and cable - does the cable affect charging time? I don't know) that came with Arlo device. Took 1 hour to charge from about 20% to 48%. 

ANyway, all good. Thanks for the response.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlo-user-001 wrote:

(and cable - does the cable affect charging time? I don't know) that came with Arlo device. Took 1 hour to charge from about 20% to 48%. 

The charger certainly can make a difference.  You want a charger that delivers about 10 watts (2 amps @ 5 volts).

The cable also sometimes matters.  The resistance is one factor - thin internal wires or a long cable length will make resistance higher.  That results in more power loss in the cable, and therfore a slower charging time.

FWIW, The gen 2 essentials use USB-C cabling.  The USB-C spec is complicated, and USB-C cables don't all support the fast charging feature, or might have a charging power limit.  Not sure that matters with the Gen 2 cameras, and it doesn't apply to the AVD2001.