Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
debgram2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking into getting this camera Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera but do I need  Amazon Alexa device, Google device, Apple HomeKit device, and Samsung SmartThings device in order for it to work?  I'm trying to understand what I need.  I'm looking for 3 cameras for outside and that's it, want to be able to get alerts and whatever on my phone and even my PC if possible.  What is the purpose of having the smart home stuff?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@debgram2000 wrote:

Now another question, the app is only on phone not on PC?  I'm looking for something where I can view on PC since I can see a lot better than on my phone.  Thanks

You can also browse to my.arlo.com in a PC browser, and access the videos.  

Note there is two-factor authentication, so you will need to authorize the PC login from the app.  It's supposed to stay authorized for 2 weeks (before you need to do it again).  But in practice it doesn't last the whole time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@debgram2000 wrote:

but do I need  Amazon Alexa device, Google device, Apple HomeKit device, and Samsung SmartThings device in order for it to work?  I'm trying to understand what I need.

No, you don't need any of those devices.

debgram2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now another question, the app is only on phone not on PC?  I'm looking for something where I can view on PC since I can see a lot better than on my phone.  Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@debgram2000 wrote:

You can also browse to my.arlo.com in a PC browser, and access the videos.  

Note there is two-factor authentication, so you will need to authorize the PC login from the app.  It's supposed to stay authorized for 2 weeks (before you need to do it again).  But in practice it doesn't last the whole time.