Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC2030Aertt9 camera battery will not recharge

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ElliottO
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I have tried to follow directions from Arlo website which is very difficult without talking to someone.  Chat stopped responding to me after I pasted the security number it sent to my email to allow the conversation.  No responses from company at all.  How does a customer get help from a live technical support person?  I really cannot follow the directions.  If I am too slow the app requires me to sign in every few minutes and I lose the place where I was in the process.  Please advise how I can talk to an actual person in tech support?

3 REPLIES 3
FranklinRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok first thing I would do is plug in your Arlo Essential camera to start a charge.  Wait 15-20 minutes and then unplug.  This should give it enough juice to complete the task.  On the bottom press the button for 30-40 seconds, this will allow the camera to reset back to factory.  Wait till orange lights are done blinking.  Now go through app and get to the QR code screen, press the bottom on the camera for 10 seconds, once the blue light blinks wait for the chime noise and click next and let it connect.  Hopefully this helps, because then you can plug camera back in and charge or see if the battery is dead and non charging. 

ElliottO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I have tried that without success but will try it again following your advise.  I will report back in a few minutes.  Thanks

FranklinRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wish you luck my friend!!