Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
momoriri
Initiate
Initiate

Model version:

Base Station with Siren VMB4500

Arlo Essential Camera VMC2030

iPhone Xs (iOS 15.2)

Description:

Starting a week ago, Home app stops retrieving the latest video preview; instead, it's stuck at an image taken a week ago. I've tried to remove the camera and added back, but still the same. Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat do you mean by "Home app"? The Arlo one or something else? Has the camera recorded anything during the time the thumbnail seems stuck? If nothing has been recorded the thumbnail won't update. You can try force stopping the Arlo app and clear it's cache to see if that helps.

momoriri
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for your reply.

"Home app" is the HomeKit app on my iPhone, and that's where the issue took place.

Everything works perfectly on the Arlo app. I used the Base Station to get the thumbnail to appear on the Home App, and it's been working fine for a month until 1 week ago. The thumbnail stops loading the current image.

Hope I explain more clearly this time.

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no Apple products so don't use HomeKit so I can't be of real use. Have you tried removing the devices from HomeKit and then setting it back up again?

ZabDevin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here.
ZabDevin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to restore the camera preview where there is a seconds timer in the lower right corner of the HomeKit camera window. Fix: Delete the Arlo hub from HomeKit (home settings) and re-setup HomeKit in Arlo (settings). If you do not see HomeKit setup in Arlo, close and reopen Arlo.
BETDK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have the same problem, cam have stopped register any movements and I can’t see the live streaming.  Stops have  started 2 weeks ago. When I restart the base station cam comes online again, but there is a error somewhere , newer seen it before.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and resyncing the camera. Any better?