Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MattJH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just changed from BT to SKY Q/Sky Broadband. Following advice online I have split the frequencies on my broadband so I can just connect to 2.4ghz. I have factory reset my Arlo essentials camera and removed it from my app. When I try add the device again on my app following the guided process it can't find the camera. My phone is connected to the 2.4ghz internet. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MattJH wrote:

When I try add the device again on my app following the guided process it can't find the camera. My phone is connected to the 2.4ghz internet. Any ideas?

Sometimes using a PC browser (my.arlo.com) works when the app fails. So maybe try that.

MattJH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, I've just tried it three times on my PC and it won't connect still. The camera chimes with the QR code, flashes blue as I try to find it and then after a while the camera light flashes amber a few times before it stops.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Any unusual characters or punctuation in the network name or password?  Sometimes they can get in the way.

Also, if you use mac addresses to control network access, you'd of course need to add the VMC2030 to the list.