Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

VMC2030, stopped sending notifications after recharging battery.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MakesToys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera was working perfectly until I turned it off to recharge the battery. Picks up movement, sends a notification however it does not record what it sees. Just get a message there was movement with no recording. Have removed and reinstalled the camera several times. Camera also does not appear in the list of active cameras.  Thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did the trial subscription expire? They need a sub for cloud recordings so check your status.

MakesToys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your note. The trial period is good till July 16. Camera was working great, turned it off, charged it, and it no longer sent video notifications to my phone. The other cameras continue to work perfectly and all have a July 16 end date.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MakesToys,

Are you able to manually record within a live stream for the problematic camera? Does the manual recording arrive in the library?

JamesC

TStar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new.  I have the same problem.  I have solar panel chargers for each essential camera.  Mine detect motion but do not make a recording.  I've checked all the settings.   How can it work great for a couple of weeks and then nothing.    I do not have a base station, just my wi-fi and iphone and the cameras.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TStar wrote:

I am new.  I have the same problem.  I have solar panel chargers for each essential camera.  Mine detect motion but do not make a recording.  I've checked all the settings.   How can it work great for a couple of weeks and then nothing.    I do not have a base station, just my wi-fi and iphone and the cameras.   

Have you checked to see if the trial subscriptions expired?

MakesToys
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video does record to the USB I have on the base station and it does arrive in the library. Have had some issues getting to the videos at times. Am working on getting up Port Forwarding on my router. I have an old Arlo camera, have had it for years, and still get videos direct to my iPhone. The old camera came with a plan for seven days of cloud storage for free, which was great. Got immediate notice of a recording and gave time to save to my iPhone if necessary. Thanks for your input.

MakesToys
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the base station and installed a USB drive to store the recordings. The recordings arrive in the Library in the Arlo app. Not as convenient as when the recordings went to the Cloud however I can retrieve the videos with and withou wi-fi available.