Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
ZarbiZarbi
Apprentice
Apprentice

one of my two brand new Arlo essential spotlight fails to connect to any wifi. Process always terminates with the orange led blinking fast in the last phase when searching caméra. Any hint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
ZarbiZarbi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you @jguerdat 

I will not do a reset myself because i purchased the camera through Verisure and it is associated to a specific provider account which will be lost upon reset. Then it would require a full reinstall of my sécurité system by Verisure. Sad but true… 😭😭

Fatime23
Aspirant
Aspirant

My back camera not working, I did see it in my phone, even it’s charger 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Fatime23

Is the camera offline? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

My arlo Essential spotlight  camera stopped working I deleted it and tried to add a new camera I have pressed the reset button for 15 second's It searches and never finds my camera.

I have tried to add the camera from only a few feet from the base station I have tried everything I can think Of.

Please help!

PS isn't it strange this camera stopped working one year to the day that I bought it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulmidi wrote:

My arlo Essential spotlight  camera stopped working I deleted it and tried to add a new camera I have pressed the reset button for 15 second's It searches and never finds my camera.

I have tried to add the camera from only a few feet from the base station I have tried everything I can think Of.

Have you tried adding the camera using a PC (my.arlo.com) instead of using the app?

Make sure you are choosing the Essential Spotlight when you add device - not just Essential.

Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

I have gone to my PC and tried to login to Arlo I am sent an authorization code

the problem is there is no place to enter the authorization code in.

What is going on?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Paulmidi

Have you tried clearing your websites cache?

Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

no I haven't.  I am at a loss!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulmidi wrote:

no I haven't.  

Then try that next (google how to do it with your browser if you aren't sure).

Or try opening a private/incognito window in the browser, and log in from there.

Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

I wanted to correct myself the camera didn't stop working one year to the day I looked up the information I bought it in May of 2022 so it lasted maybe 5 months.

The amazon store it came from pretty much says to bad for you.  I love arlo but I will only buy the expensive ones in the future.  This was the first inexpensive one I have bought I should have known better.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

5 months is still within the 1 year warranty period. Use Settings, Support for a possible RMA.

Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

I looked it up it says purchased on May 6, 2022 and the return window closed on June 7, 2022 what’s that about 30 days?

I did contact the seller they pretty much said there’s nothing they can do.

I wanted to thank everyone who’s been replying to me over this saga. 

ZarbiZarbi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Paulmidi On my side, the reseller came to replace the faulty camera. All fine now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulmidi wrote:

I looked it up it says purchased on May 6, 2022 and the return window closed on June 7, 2022 what’s that about 30 days?

Seems you didn't act on my suggestion to contact support for an RMA under the warranty.