Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
beer_tins
Follower
Follower

Hi all, I'm trying to set up this camera, which is new. I have fully charged it and everything goes great up until it has read the QR code, and given it's chime. After that, the LEDs on the camera do nothing, and the app says "Looking for your camera" endlessly (I mean after a half hour or so it's still not found it). Has anyone else had this problem?

I've tried holding down the button for 15 seconds until the amber LED flashes and starting again. Have also re-installed the app. Am now at a loss on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What kind of router do you have - a regular one or a mesh network? Can you disable the 5 GHz band temporarily if both bands use the same SSID?

WakkyKat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with my VMC2030, but mine is not new, and it was previously connected to the same WiFi network.

I tried on my laptop. It will SAY it is connected, but when I go try to turn it on, it tells me it is NOT CONNECTED & I'm back to square 1!

What everyone fails to tell you about removing the device, is that you will lose every recording that you have not manually saved.