Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
landry1959
Guide
Guide

MY smart trial expired and I renewed it but now the recordings don't show in the library on my phone.  They are there if I go on my PC.  Also is a subscription required for videos to be seen in Library?  There seems to be conflicing info in support &/or community forum.  After searching some answers say they should return to a libary and be available for 7 days but other say you need the subscription.  I have 3 other cameras that are not Essential and are working fine.  Got this camera as gift & if a sub is required I probably would have returned it.  Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landry1959 wrote:

There seems to be conflicing info in support &/or community forum.  

Older cameras had the 7-day free recording feature when they were sold, and Arlo honors that.  New cameras don't have that feature (and the box does say that a subscription is required).  Not sure what conflicting info you are finding, but AFAIK this is clearly stated in several places - including the relevant KB article.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...:

If you have an Arlo Wire-Free (VMC3030), Pro (VMC4030), Pro 2 (VMC4030P), Go (VML4030), Q (VMC3040), Q Plus (VMC3040S), or Baby (ABC1000) camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landry1959 wrote:

There seems to be conflicing info in support &/or community forum.  

Older cameras had the 7-day free recording feature when they were sold, and Arlo honors that.  New cameras don't have that feature (and the box does say that a subscription is required).  Not sure what conflicting info you are finding, but AFAIK this is clearly stated in several places - including the relevant KB article.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...:

If you have an Arlo Wire-Free (VMC3030), Pro (VMC4030), Pro 2 (VMC4030P), Go (VML4030), Q (VMC3040), Q Plus (VMC3040S), or Baby (ABC1000) camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras.

landry1959
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your reply.  Since you are a SuperUser  Guru, perhaps you can help with my other question which was why are the recordings no longer shown in the library on my phone after I renewed?  I can see them on-line but not in the phone.  The phone is where I need to see what's going on at home.  I"ve looked everywhere for a setting that I missed but can't find anything that should be done.  Thanks in adance for your help.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landry1959 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  Since you are a SuperUser  Guru, perhaps you can help with my other question which was why are the recordings no longer shown in the library on my phone after I renewed?

Are new recordings showing up on the phone?  Or is it only the old ones that are gone?

landry1959
Guide
Guide

The other cameras are Arlo Pro and I am getting new recording for those in the library on the phone.  I was getting them on the phone for the Essential spotlight too until the trial ended.  I've renewed the smart subscription for this camera only and am getting email notifications but the recordings for this camera only are not in the phone library. I have to log in to the web to see them.  Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landry1959 wrote:

I've renewed the smart subscription for this camera only and am getting email notifications but the recordings for this camera only are not in the phone library. I have to log in to the web to see them.  Thanks.

Are you using the same account credentials on the PC and the phone?

landry1959
Guide
Guide

Im not sure what you mean by "credentials".  The only change was the smart trial expired and I renewed it.  When the trial expired the "recordings" under settings for this camera was greyed out and not until I renewed was I able to check that box.  That is the only thing I did after I renewed.  Prior to the renewal the camera was not recording at al.  Can you explain what you mean by "credentials"?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landry1959 wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by "credentials"?

I meant username/password (login credentials).

Many folks use multiple Arlo accounts, and then use "friend" access to access the cameras from the main account.  That's needed if you have more than one family member using the mobile app, since there can only be one logon at a time.

If you are using a different account on the phone, then you might need to re-do the "friend" access.

landry1959
Guide
Guide

No we only have one Arlo app on my husbands phone and dont share with anyone.  The app is not on my phone.  We use the same username and password to access both.  With the 2 person authentication I can't even log on to the web without getting the code that goes to his phone.  As you know if we log into the phone it logs us out of the Web.   It's just like somthing got "broken" when the smart trial ended and then got renewed.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landry1959 wrote:

It's just like somthing got "broken" when the smart trial ended and then got renewed.  

I'd try removing the app and reinstalling it next.

If that doesn't resolve it, then you'll probably need to reach out to support.  The chat option now launches an interactive troubleshooter first, which is of course always available with no wait.  So you could try that option.

landry1959
Guide
Guide

Deleting and installing the app worked!  Thank you so much for your help.