Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC2030 Camera not detecting motion on certain areas like dead zone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ak1977
Follower
Follower

No matter what i do on such as different camera positions too high, too low, middle and all different setups like under video settings where it says to pinch the corners to select camera recording area, activity zones where you can select up to 5 zones where you highlight the areas where you want motion detection alerts, no matter what i do 1 zone, 2 zones 3 zonea all overlapping each other and still there are dead zone areas where there is not detection.  it either sends me alerts but when the object or person reach certain area it stops recording even though there is still motion in the area highlighted, or it does not detect motion until very close to the bottom of the camera or very top of the camera more towards the left, not much detection in the middle and right side.

also under "device utilities" there is an option for camera positioning where the quote:  to optimize the performance of motion detection alerts, position your camera such that triggering events will occur within the non-shadowed portion of the frame. unquote  so the non shadowed portion of the frame goes only up to 3/4 of the whole picture frame so supposedly it wont detect motion on the top portion.

one other thing i bought a 3 camera pack and one stopped working (does not charge anymore) after less than a month. 

tried to talk to customer service but they are helpless bot maybe.

has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

How far away from the camera is the motion you're trying to detect? It sounds like it could be beyond the cameras maximum detection range.

You can read about positioning your camera for best performance and maximum detection range here:

https://kb.arlo.com/37/Arlo-Camera-Placement-Tips

https://kb.arlo.com/000062617/How-far-away-can-Arlo-Cameras-and-Arlo-Video-Doorbells-detect-motion

JamesC