VMB4000r3 Base Station Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AGENGS
Follower
Follower

What cameras can I buy for the base station I have (VMB4000r3).  I know this is one of the older models, I just want to add a camera and not have to upgrade the whole system.  The three cameras I currently have say "H3" for Device Info.  I'm wondering if same is available, or newer models will work with my base station.

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AGENGS wrote:

I'm wondering if same is available, or newer models will work with my base station.

New camera models will work with your system, though you will need a subscription to get cloud storage.  Arlo stopped offering 7-day free cloud storage starting with the Ultra back in 2018.

Honestly, the hardware field in device info isn't very useful in figuring out what cameras you have.  Arlo really should add the camera model to that screen.

If your cameras have a silver bezel, and use 4 CR123 batteries, then you have the original Arlo Wireless HD camera.

More likely you have either Pro cameras (720p) or Pro 2 cameras (1080p).  This picture should help you identify which one.

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

You can also get the camera part number by looking inside the camera (including behind the battery).  That will start with VMC.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AGENGS wrote:

I'm wondering if same is available, or newer models will work with my base station.

New camera models will work with your system, though you will need a subscription to get cloud storage.  Arlo stopped offering 7-day free cloud storage starting with the Ultra back in 2018.

Honestly, the hardware field in device info isn't very useful in figuring out what cameras you have.  Arlo really should add the camera model to that screen.

If your cameras have a silver bezel, and use 4 CR123 batteries, then you have the original Arlo Wireless HD camera.

More likely you have either Pro cameras (720p) or Pro 2 cameras (1080p).  This picture should help you identify which one.

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

You can also get the camera part number by looking inside the camera (including behind the battery).  That will start with VMC.