Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 won't record locally

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
B62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can,t get essential cameras to record locally. Everything is fine with the pro 2 cameras and I get a preview on the essential cameras. Why is there no local video recording on the essential spotlight cameras? Is the local recording turn off now after the update on the essentials? Just wanted to view the footage on my computer and usb stick after the shooting yesterday.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@B62 wrote:

Can,t get essential cameras to record locally. Everything is fine with the pro 2 cameras 

Are you sure they aren't recording locally?  The only way to see local recordings is to eject the USB storage and connect it to a PC for viewing.  Everything you see in the app is stored in the cloud.

The Pro 2 cameras were sold with 7 days of cloud recording.  But the essentials (like all current cameras) were not sold with that feature - they require an Arlo Secure subscription to get cloud recording.

B62
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes I'm sure.  I can wave the essential I have charged and get the still image but I am not able to view anything from my desktop except pro 2 video. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@B62 wrote:

yes I'm sure.  I can wave the essential I have charged and get the still image but I am not able to view anything from my desktop except pro 2 video. 

All the video you are seeing from the Pro 2 cameras on my.arlo.com is stored in the cloud.  None of it is local.

To see videos for the Essential on my.arlo.com you need an Arlo Secure subscription.  Do you have one?