VMB 4000 stopped working - unable to add to arlo

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AndresAce
Follower
Follower

I ve been an Arlo user (3 pro cameras, 3 essential spotlight and 1 doorbell) for several years. All good until 2 weeks ago that my base station  (VMB 4000) appeared offline and i couldnt disarmed it. 

After a lot of troubleshooting including the regular ones like: turn off/on the base station, off/on the router, unplugged and plugged, doing "forget network" in my iphone and back again... and factory reset... nothing. Base station was giving me 2 green lights (power and internet) and 1 amber (cameras). Finally i had to remove the base station from my Arlo Devices in Arlo app... now i am not able to add the base station back to my account which means i cannot use the cameras...

Then i bought a base station replacement same vmb4000 model.... no success. Same issue. Interchanging a lot of messages with Arlo support and even a very long call. Nothing... even Support advice me to request to my internet provider to change the internet port to 44380, which i found odd as i didnt have to do that ever... nothing. Internet provider did a full reset of my router, they confirm that my base station is receiving and transmitting data... they did double check my new base station mac address... and nothing. I cannot add my base station back to my account...

It is very disappointing and frustrating...

Any advice or guide is very much appreciated. 

Andres

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If the VMB4000 Base Camera led is constant amber it suggests that the base station has been factory reset and waiting to be claimed to an account.

To claim, use a pc connected to the local network router and login via the my.arlo.com website to add the base, ensuring that you have removed it from the my devices listing under settings page of the app.

If using the mobile app version ensure the mobile device is connected to the local wifi network.