Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VCM2030 is online but not recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brigirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I recently discovered my Essential Spotlight cameras VCM2030 are no longer recording even though they are online and sending alerts.  I also have VCM4030 cameras that are working well, recording and are not on a Arlo plan.   I believe the spotlight cameras are newer than the 4030s and to my knowledge I never subscribed to a plan.  Any ideas on why the 2030s have stopped recording?

Thank you for your assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brigirl wrote:

to my knowledge I never subscribed to a plan.  Any ideas on why the 2030s have stopped recording?

The VMC2030 cameras require a subscription for cloud recording (like all currently sold cameras).  You were automatically given a trial subscription when you onboarded the cameras.  If that has expired, then you won't get any more recordings until you subscribe.  FWIW, this was printed on the box.

Note your older VMB4030 cameras were sold with 7 days of free cloud storage, which Arlo still provides.  Arlo stopped offering that on new camera models 5 years ago.

Brigirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the clarification!  
Do you how how much time is/was given for a trial period?  My 2030s are approximately 3 years old and I believe we’re recording until recently. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Brigirl ,

Have you checked your credit card transactions, maybe the card expired?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brigirl wrote:

Thank you for the clarification!  
Do you how how much time is/was given for a trial period?  My 2030s are approximately 3 years old and I believe we’re recording until recently. 

The trial subscription for the Essential back then was 3 months.