Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I am seeking support for my camera and app issue.

I’ve recently run into trouble with my vmc2030 camera and it appears the battery has died. I tried the troubleshooting steps and one of the steps was to factory reset the camera.

At this point I removed the camera from my app to re-add it later, and now because of the battery issue I am unable to add it back into my app. Te camera will not turn on but has a solid blue light when charging. Therefore now I cannot access the support through the app either without a camera present under my login, and can’t add the camera back as the app does not find it. Please help me!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue has been resolved - Arlo ended up warrantying my camera as it was within 1 year of purchase and I found the receipt. So it validly died after 8 months of use.

I have to ship them the old one (on my $$, no refund on that) and then once received they will send out the replacement. I tried to sign up for a subscription plan to get live chat support, as the forum suggestions were not getting me anywhere, but it wouldn't let me sign up for a subscription without having a camera in my account (original problem due to permanently dead battery).

I did a chat with the bot, which could not understand something as simple as "warranty claim" 😛 explaining I am not able to subscribe for live support and then they connected me with a live chat technician who started the case # and eventually RMA. So ~2 weeks, 4 chats, 6-10 emails, 4 phone calls, and there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone know how to check whether or not my camera is still under the 1 yr warranty? Thanks
QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is my s/n I believe
E4D7D39D-5864-4144-B9A9-F16E73290C59.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Allowing the camera battery to be completely depleted before charging was a mistake - do it proactively. With the blue LED on the camera when attempting to charge I believe you need to remove power and connect it again several times to get enough voltage into the battery to allow a proper recharge. I would wait for the blue LED to come on each time you connect power but if that doesn't happen try connecting power for 30 minutes, unplug and plug back in. If after a dozen times it doesn't charge properly, you may need to use Settings, Support.

QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you jguerdat I will give that a shot. The camera is at a vacation home of mine and I’m not able to get to it on time after the battery goes low, so it’s dead when I get there.
QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately everything I’ve tried including the suggestion in the responses here have been unsuccessful.

I need to find out of my camera is under warranty. It’s impossible for me to do so! I need help from a forum moderator or someone to guide me to the next steps.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To invoke your warranty you need your receipt which would tell you if you're within the 1 year warranty period. Arlo has no record of this.

QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great point, I searched and no longer have the receipt. At this point the camera will be junked. Thanks for the community’s support.
HBSR
Aspirant
Aspirant

For those of you making use of community contacts, are there any Arlo Systems Techs, or representative/customer support responding to any of these issues, in the community?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HBSR,

There are moderators, like myself, that can assist with customer inquiries here on the community. Do you have a question or are in need of assistance?

JamesC

QuickLearner
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue has been resolved - Arlo ended up warrantying my camera as it was within 1 year of purchase and I found the receipt. So it validly died after 8 months of use.

I have to ship them the old one (on my $$, no refund on that) and then once received they will send out the replacement. I tried to sign up for a subscription plan to get live chat support, as the forum suggestions were not getting me anywhere, but it wouldn't let me sign up for a subscription without having a camera in my account (original problem due to permanently dead battery).

I did a chat with the bot, which could not understand something as simple as "warranty claim" 😛 explaining I am not able to subscribe for live support and then they connected me with a live chat technician who started the case # and eventually RMA. So ~2 weeks, 4 chats, 6-10 emails, 4 phone calls, and there's a light at the end of the tunnel.