Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscribe a plan in the US to monitor a camera in another country, Arlo essential, XL

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jseplvda
Follower
Follower

Can I subscribe to a plan in the US to monitor a camera that is in another country where Arlo plans are not available?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jseplvda wrote:

Can I subscribe to a plan in the US to monitor a camera that is in another country where Arlo plans are not available?

Arlo determines the country when the account is created.  So it is possible to create an account in the US.  Or potentially create the account when using a VPN that terminates in the US.  I think the billing address in the payment method would have to be a US address.

Arlo doesn't currently check on where the cameras actually are located, so once you've done this, the camera will work.  So you can get away with this (at least at present).

Note "Feed" supports multiple locations, and Arlo requires one subscription per location.  So even if you currently use Library, at some point you'd need a second location.  Probably safest not to enter the address of that location when you set it up (just leave it blank).