Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spot light turns on and stays on. This is obviously an ongoing issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tippi
Follower
Follower

Camera can last as little as a few days. This is an issue Arlo sems to want to ignore. If I find the spotlight on, I have to go to the app and hit live, then hit stop. I will never buy another Arlo product again. This is junk. Arlo's sham scam of saying you have two weeks of recording time that goes POOF after 30 days. Then it's too late to return, and I surely would have returned this junk. Promised six months of charge and I rarely get one week out of one of my four cameras. Shame shame on you. I've had these cameras for a few months and I'm SO GLAD I didn't pay for any service. God knows what I would get with a company that is not on the up and up!

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to support. You get there by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time. 

shermaneisner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree.  I've had Arlo cameras for years.  I needed to replace one of the cameras and I got a VMC2030.  The spot light works for a while and then stays on and drains the battery.  I've tried everything to correct the problem, but it persists.  We are a security company and, over the years, have told our customers to buy Arlo equipment.  No more.  It use to be good equipment, it is now junk.   Companies like Arlo just care about the bottom-line.  Now the tool they use is subscriptions for the reincurring revenue stream.  We are going to search for another company that does not work on the subscription base.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@shermaneisner I can help you with your spotlight draining issue if you are still seeing the same behavior.