Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hnup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded to the new arlo secure app experience. My friends who share the same cameras have the original arlo app. Now my friends don't receive any camera recordings. They did not get an invitation to upgrade yet.

2 REPLIES 2
Jamescheung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded to the new arlo secure app experience. My friends who share the same cameras have the original arlo app. Now my friends don't receive any camera recordings. They did not get an invitation to upgrade yet.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jamescheung wrote:

They can force the migration to "Feed" by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail, since they don't have the camera.  But the workflow will migrate them to "Feed" before they get stuck.

But there is no way to migrate back to "Library", and there are some issues with "Feed".  So they should be sure they can live with those issues.  The biggest ones are that

• geofencing and scheduling are difficult to get working
  • there are no custom modes.  You can modify the three build-in modes, but you cannot add more,
  • If they have no base, then they can arm/disarm individual cameras now.  They won't be able to do that in "Feed".  There are workarounds, but they take more steps.
  • If they have cameras at two properties, then if they also have a subscription they'd need one subscription for each property