Price has dropped on the essential Wireless

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

 I have a friend that works at Walmart and gives me their employee discount... which knocks 10% off the price... I've bought two sets of cameras out there and they were regularly $335 per set... now look at it.. I'm getting ready to check online and see if Arlo themselves have dropped the price. [nope...still $299 on the Arlo site] .

Dropping the price to me means they're going to discontinue them.

Screenshot_20230329_181230_Walmart.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RegularJoe wrote:

Dropping the price to me means they're going to discontinue them.

Hard to say. I've seen recent sale prices for the Pro 5s, and they certainly aren't discontinuing that - it was just launched.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I guess I should have further explained the statement at "Walmart is going to discontinue them", and hopefully not Arlo.  Well, I guess I don't really care if they discontinue them... just so mine continue to work OK.

It's a nearly $100 drop in price at my location. They were $335, plus tax, at my location prior to this "price rollback".  That's not normal... that's what makes me think they're not selling well through WM, so they're trying to invigorate sales... 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RegularJoe wrote:

so they're trying to invigorate sales... 

Could well be true.  Lots of resellers will reduce prices if their inventory gets too high.  Amazon prices in particular are very dynamic.