Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dwightbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

I have a few arlo essential wire free cameras - only one is actually notifying me of activity and recoridng such. The other 2 cameras are not recording automatically or notifying me. I have a free 3mth account. I am able to manually record and can live-stream view with al cameras.

The one that is recording footage - I set activity zones and removed "detect vehicles" - but it still detects and records activity from passing cars!

I have tried adjutsing sensitivity and followed various instructions to get these cameras to work correctly - what am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dwight

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked that all three cameras are armed?

Did the motion detection test pass on all three cameras?

dwightbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes all are armed. I have tried the different modes and eventried custom modes.

I also find that the activity zones don't work (on the camera that does give notifications it still picks stuff up oustdie the zones - it also picks up vehicles even though I have that bit switched off).

What is motion detection test - not tried that although the cameras in question did used to report motion.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dwightbailey wrote:

What is motion detection test - not tried that although the cameras in question did used to report motion.

It's described in the first section here: https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

dwightbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

tried the motion detection test on all my cameras - all had the amber light flash on and off whenever detecting motion so that's working. But still not getting notifications or recording of activity at all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dwightbailey wrote:

tried the motion detection test on all my cameras - all had the amber light flash on and off whenever detecting motion so that's working. But still not getting notifications or recording of activity at all.

Ok.  The next step is to check the current mode for the cameras, and make sure that it instructs the cameras to record.

dwightbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes all set to record - what's strange is 2 of the cmaeras don;t notify or record, and one of the cameras works perfectly fine. Settings on all cameras are identical. Really frustrating.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dwightbailey wrote:

Really frustrating.

Yes, I get that.

One option is to contact support using the options in the app.

Another is to do a factory reset of the cameras, and then onboard them again.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera