Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No videos being stored in library, have active subscription

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed today at work that I was not receiving messages of activity from my camera such as wife and kids leaving for school, the mail man, usual stuff that the camera picks up. Had one video from 2 days ago in my library. When I left for work this morning the camera came on like it usually does so it seemed like it was working. Checked the live video when I noticed no alerts and the camera seems to be working but went ahead and reset it anyway, live video still works but no recordings in my library besides the one from a couple days ago. Came home from work and got on my computer trying to see if it was the app on my phone acting up, tried logging in but the 2 part authentication would not send to my phone, had to switch to email for the authentication to work. After logging in I am still having the same issue as using the phone app. Iphone 11 if that helps. I'm kinda dumb but I can usually figure this stuff out, think the problem may not be on my end.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed, Deleted it all. Fresh install seemed to work. The battery was at 45% on the camera but I went ahead and put it on the charger, tried synching it to my network and the camera would never connect. Disconnected the charger and bingo it synched up to the network. Also had to change some settings to direct my Arlo secure subscription to the camera, guess it sees it as a new device. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording when you live stream a camera?

CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, just tried recording the live stream and it popped up in my library. Still nothing comes to the library when the camera is motion activated
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CoryCal wrote:
Yes, just tried recording the live stream and it popped up in my library. Still nothing comes to the library when the camera is motion activated

Ok.  This does confirm that the problem isn't linked to the subscription.

Have you checked the current mode (making sure the camera is armed)?

Are you using geofencing or scheduling?  

CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, the system stays armed. Have switched it to disabled back to armed with the same results. I don’t not use geofencing or a schedule, pretty much stays armed all the time unless I disarm it while I’m outside doing yard work. The camera is still turning on when it senses motion as when I left for work this morning but I get no push notifications and nothing in my library. Guess when I get home this afternoon I’m going to shut it down, delete apps and start like it’s a fresh install. If I was out of town for the week this would probably have me furious considering this is suppose to be a security camera. This has happened one time before but a day later everything worked fine. Really feel like this is on Arlo’s end and if so they really need to tighten up. Purchase the cameras, pay a monthly fee for something that might be working, might not be working. For security these things need to be working 100% of the time
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CoryCal wrote:
The camera is still turning on when it senses motion 

Have you tried the motion detection test?  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Might also be worth looking into the rules in the Armed mode, just ot make sure recordings and notifications are enabled on the rules.

If you are using activity zones, then I'd also suggest deleting them and see if that makes any difference.

CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for trying to help Stephen, deleted the activity zone, played with the motion sensitivity, rules are set how they should be in armed mode, it’s still not working correctly. I don’t even get the push notification on my phone for their 2 part authorization when I try to log in on a PC. Just gonna delete it all and start from scratch, maybe I’ll just purchase another brand. Had the first gen Arlo cams that I had a lot of problems with, mainly spending more money on batteries then the cameras cost. Received this newer cam as a Christmas present and 6 months in its giving me this problem but hey the batteries last for a good while just to bad their software isn’t up to par.
CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed, Deleted it all. Fresh install seemed to work. The battery was at 45% on the camera but I went ahead and put it on the charger, tried synching it to my network and the camera would never connect. Disconnected the charger and bingo it synched up to the network. Also had to change some settings to direct my Arlo secure subscription to the camera, guess it sees it as a new device. 

Kyl_1964
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same problem with mine. No recordings for last 2 days! I have also had mine set up for 6 months. WOW! I would say it’s on ARLO to figure this out and quick! We live 30 miles away from where our cameras are located and not real convenient to drop everything to go fix cameras continuously!!
CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Definitely an Arlo issue, never touched any settings after the initial setup, worked fine for months except that one day when everything straightened out the next day, then this time there was nothing I could do but start with a fresh install. Would not have been able to fix the issue if I couldn’t physically access the camera. So yeah if your out of town are a far distance from your cameras your SOL, not a good look for something that’s suppose to be for security
CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here we go again, so the camera and or the Arlo software is doing the same exact crap it was 2 weeks ago. Everything was working fine after the fresh install up until yesterday. Crap absolutely crap is what this Arlo non secure security cam is. I will never purchase anything related to net gear ever again. If I receive something with the net gear or Arlo brand on it as a gift it will be taking back to the store or either thrown in the trash because their products are top to bottom absolute garbage.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CoryCal,

Are you able to live stream and manually record? Do those recordings arrive in the library?

JamesC

CoryCal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes…. Would do a fresh install again but I’m pretty much done with the Arlo crap. Gonna find something that works all the time