Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No video provided when motion is detected.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
noelclark
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased 2 Essential with Spot Lights.  I get a ping on my phone that motion has been detected, but no video appears and nothing shows up in my account when I open to see the suspected activity.  Both of these cameras were working properly at first and then just stopped working right.  I have three older Arlo cameras which are working just fine.  I'm beginning to think that this is just a way to get me to purchase a plan instead of what I've been doing for several years without paying any additional fees to Arlo. Thinking I should just return them to BestBuy and start using a different camera brand!  Anyone have any suggestions?  Would be greatly appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You need a subscription plan for the new cameras.

When you first purchased the new cameras and started using them you normally get allowed to use them for a trial period.

when the trial ends you loose functionality until you begin a new subscription payment plan.

This has always been the way for new arlo camera models since 2018 when the free 7days cloud storage bundle offer ended.