Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No recordings after subscription expired

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
_bs_
Follower
Follower
My 3 month trial has expired and is now not showing recordings.
With the VMC2030 does it still show 7 days without paying for a subscription or do I need to subscribe to a plan to activate this feature ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_bs_ wrote:
With the VMC2030 does it still show 7 days without paying for a subscription or do I need to subscribe to a plan to activate this feature ?

You need to subscribe to a plan.

Alro started phasing out the free 7-day storage in 2018 - all cameras introduced after then do not have it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_bs_ wrote:

You need to subscribe to a plan.

Alro started phasing out the free 7-day storage in 2018 - all cameras introduced after then do not have it.

Sajmon8213
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, my three month package is over after three months I did the subscription and it still doesn't record anything on my phone
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sajmon8213 wrote:
Hi, my three month package is over after three months I did the subscription and it still doesn't record anything on my phone

Did you try making a manual recording?

Bigdumptruck
Guide
Guide
I can't get it to save manual recordings even *with* my subscription (I recently resubscribed).
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bigdumptruck wrote:
I can't get it to save manual recordings even *with* my subscription (I recently resubscribed).

And the camera is listed under the subscription (look in "manage cameras")?

Sajmon8213
Tutor
Tutor
I can't even manually record any video,
Sajmon8213
Tutor
Tutor
I can't even manually record any video, nothing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sajmon8213 wrote:
I can't even manually record any video,

If you look at your screen shot, you will see that the camera is listed under "no plan".  Drag it up into the subscription area.

Sajmon8213
Tutor
Tutor
how should I add this camera to make it work because I don't know anymore
Sajmon8213
Tutor
Tutor
I restarted the cameras, reinstalled everything and still nothing works
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

add.png

@Sajmon8213 wrote:
how should I add this camera to make it work because I don't know anymore

Go back to the manage cameras screen (either in the app or in my.arlo.com).  Drag the camera up from the "no plan" section into the subscription section.

KellBee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me!  I have two cameras that showed up in library during three-month trial.  Then, I subscribed & now only one has recordings that show up in the library.  So frustrating!  Both cameras show under my subscription.  I updated the mobile app (just in case) & that didn't help.  There are no filters that would prevent it from showing.  I can manually record & that will show up in the library, but it doesn't record on its own.  So, I'm paying, but don't have the service!  Ugh...

Sajmon8213
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you very much, everything works. I'm happy again. Regards
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KellBee wrote:

I can manually record & that will show up in the library, but it doesn't record on its own.  

Then the subscription is active, and something else is wrong.

Check that the problem camera is still listed in the mode you are using:  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

If it is listed (and set to record on motion), then try the motion detection test: https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device