Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No push notifications when motion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Andreas_A
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I receive no push notification when the camera is armed and detects movement

but I receive a push notification when the state of the camera changes based on geofencing. and the weird thing is that the problem is on both me and my wife's mobile

both are iphones but not the same model and we stopped receiving the messages at the same time.

so it must be a problem at arlo`s end right ?

others experiencing the same problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andreas_A wrote:

so it must be a problem at arlo`s end right ?

others experiencing the same problem ?

Yes, others are seeing this problem.

Almost all are using the friend access feature to share the cameras.  They've found that if they stop sharing the cameras, the primary account will start getting notifications again.  So that might be worth testing.

One workaround is to temporarily shift to email notifications.

Andreas_A
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you are not notified when someone walks by the camera, then the camera is completely useless.

I have had nothing but problems since I bought it 2 months ago

1. Geofencing not working randomly

2. Lack of recording when someone walks by, even though it has worked before

and now this.

It's not acceptable

I have given up on the support after 10-15 replyes 

Stave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. My wife and myself were receiving notifications on our iPhone and Apple watch without being in the app on our iPhones until yesterday. I have deleted her and the notifications have reappeared but only now when I have the app active on the iPhone. This appears to have happened when I added another VMB4540 and another Ultra 2 camera to my set up. Let's hope this gets sorted soon.

VillaPlayaAmigo
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are also experiencing the same issue. Just started happening within the past week or so.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

Stave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brilliant all working again on apple phones, iPads, Apple watches and iPhones.