Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need your recommendations

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abik
Follower
Follower

Hi

I am totally new here. I would like to purchase 4 wireless cameras for my business (small business) I currently have 4 old cameras (not from arlo) and would like to purchase the arlo kit . 

I have few questions since I dont really know where to start. there are many models and plans.

I need 4 good cameras that record video and sound in good quality . i prefer wireless. I have good internet connection at my shop. and i need 24/7 recording up to 14 days back on the cloud.

what do you recommend me ? which camera model? and which monthly plan? 

another question. how does the wireless camera charges itself? do i need to change battery every few days?

thanks a lot for your help 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@abik wrote:

. I have good internet connection at my shop. and i need 24/7 recording up to 14 days back on the cloud.

If you mean continuous recording, then you'll need the continuous video recording subscriptions for each camera that needs that.  In addition, you'd need a base/smarthub, and the cameras would need to be AC powered (not running on battery). Pro 4 cameras and a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub are reasonable options.  https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

An on-premise CCTV solution (not offered by Arlo) is another approach - these typically use power-over-ethernet - providing power and video over a single cable.  IMO, wired connections are better for continuous recording, especially if you need this for several cameras.

If you mean motion detection recording, then Arlo Secure or Secure Plus would give you the retention you are looking for.  If this is retail (or monitoring areas with a lot of activity), you will still either need frequent charging or power the cameras with the AC chargers.  If there is moderate activity, then I'd suggest the Pro 4 XL cameras (which have larger batteries then the normal Pro 4s).  I'd also suggest getting a smarthub, and adding some local storage to it.  That gives you a backup for the cloud storage. 

(Note if the space is large, you might need more than one smarthub).