Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My three Arlo cameras are unresponsive

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Snowman92
Aspirant
Aspirant

My setup consists of three Arlo essential spotlight cameras (outdoor). Suddenly this Friday I stopped receiving notifications from the Arlo app, even though my wife came home (and walked past two of the cameras).
The next day I worked around the house and only once trigged a notification from on of the cameras (usually I receive 50+ notifications, when I forget to snooze the notifications).

I then tried to connect to a live feed, but only to receive the "connecting" message. After around 20 seconds it just stops trying to connect to the cameras. I have tried to reset my router and each camera without succes. 
I have a lot of smart devices hooked up to my network, without them being unresponsive.
Yesterday I had a dispute with the courier only to be saved by my "Ring bell camera".
It's very unsatisfying to pay more in subscription, when you can't even rely on the service.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any new or moved 2.4GHz wireless device near the cameras or router that could be interfering with the signal?

Snowman92
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually connected a "Ring" doorbell to the same network. I will try to move it to 5 GHz. Thanks for the input.