Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multi device subscription (Pro 3 Floodlight and Essential XL)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mped
Follower
Follower

I had already installed an Arlo Pro 3 floodlight camera and had a subscription for a single device. I have just installed an Essential XL camera and updated my subscription to a multi device but now have a number of issues

1) When I go onto my subscription account, I cannot see the new device to add it to the subscription. Is this because it should already be covered under a free subscription?

2) When I open up the Arlo app, thé Pro 3 camera is in the ‘device’ section and the Essential Camera in in the ‘shared devices’ section. Why aren’t they both in the devices section? Do I need a hub? Do I need to re-instal the 2nd device?

My head hurts!🤔😫

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mped wrote:

2) When I open up the Arlo app, thé Pro 3 camera is in the ‘device’ section and the Essential Camera in in the ‘shared devices’ section.

It sounds like you set up a friend account (perhaps for a spouse?).

The Essential camera appears to be shared with you, so your account is the "friend" account, and the other one is primary. But the Pro 3 was directly onboarded to your account.

The subscription needs to done from the primary account, so you would need to:

1. go into the other account (the primary account for the essential), and cancel any single-camera subscription there
  2. remove the essential from that account
  3. add the essential to your account
  4. confirm that it is in the subscription plan.

Then share cameras as desired with the second account.