Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

More low battery issues - Arlo is only 9 months old

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
suzeo99
Star
Star

I charged my Arlo and took it off the charger fully charged at 11:51 am yesterday.  It recorded 14 events, 15-20 seconds each - was not otherwise in use and I was very careful when putting it back up that it only can see motion in my driveway and no other cars or people.  These events were all in daylight so the light was not even on. As of 4:00 am this morning it went to 14% battery.  This has a very strong signal to my router.  I have it set to optimized battery life.  When I got this camera in December it went 6 weeks between charge.  This all changed with the firmware update in July.  I am begging you to roll back to the old firmware.  There is a big, big problem here.  The camera and my subscription are essentially useless now.  

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is this happening consistently (daily occurrence)? Are you able to easily reproduce this issue?

Are you using Activity Zones?

JamesC

suzeo99
Star
Star
I do have 1 activity zone. Interesting thing is while it went from 100% to 14% in less than 24 hours it has now only gone from 14-11% in 36 hours with 12 recordings. This has happened before - several times. I had no problems before July firmware update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and re-onboarding the camera.

suzeo99
Star
Star
I have deleted and re -added this camera 5 times since July. I wish that was the fix.