Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing recordings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
teedup
Guide
Guide

I have been getting motion alerts but when I check my library there are no videos. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
teedup
Guide
Guide

OK, got it figured out. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your trial subscription may have expired. A sub is required for cloud recordings so check your subscription status.

teedup
Guide
Guide

I recently updated to the Essential cameras but I don't recall having a paid subscription on my older Arlo cameras. So I need a sub just to see recorded movement in my library? With 4 cameras at $10/month that gets expensive. Will installing an external let me view my recordings?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@teedup wrote:

I recently updated to the Essential cameras but I don't recall having a paid subscription on my older Arlo cameras. 

Legacy cameras were sold with 7-day cloud storage, which Arlo still provides with those cameras.

Current cameras models aren't sold that way (starting with the Ultra back in 2018).

@teedup wrote:

With 4 cameras at $10/month that gets expensive. 

The multicamera sub covers all four cameras.  US pricing is 12.99/month for all four, or $119.88 annually.  Note they don't refund the money if you cancel early - instead the subscription continues until the end of the subscription period.  Not a big deal for monthly, but worth keeping in mind of you go with the annual.

@teedup wrote:

Will installing an external let me view my recordings?

Do you mean an external USB drive?

Details depend on your smarthub model. 

• VMB3xxx hubs don't support local storage at all. 
  • The VMB4000 and VMB4500 do support recording, but you need to remove the USB drive from the base and connect it to a PC to view them.
  • The VMB4540 and VMB500 models do support direct access to local recordings.  But there are a lot of caveats - IMO the user experience for that feature is quite poor.  Post back if you are thinking about upgrading the base, so you'll know what to expect.
teedup
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your reply, I understand now, although I don't get an option for a Multi-camera pkg. When I click on the sub tab for Arlo Secure only 2 cameras come up, neither of which I need the service for. There are 4 outside cameras I need it for.

teedup
Guide
Guide

OK, got it figured out. Thanks again.