Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Library stopped working - Arlo Essential wire free outdoor - help!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
louislouis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera has worked fine for 18 months since new, recording to library, but stopped 4th May and can't get working again. Subscription & firmware up to date (it says), wifi router, settings, positions - nothing has changed. Support keeps telling me to remove and re-add device which have done several times but to no avail. They now say wifi signal not strong enough for video bandwith but nothing has changed and other wifi devices work fine in vicinity. Camera comes on live when reinstalled, says wifi connected, but then disconnects and no motion detected or videos to library. What can be done? Thanks for any help offered. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have another camera? If so, swap them around to see if it's the camera or location.

louislouis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just one camera 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bring it closer to your router or hub for testing to see if that helps.

louislouis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes tried that, makes no difference, still no connection for recording. Just tried reinstalling again, all says connected fine until you get to the screen that says video bandwidth where it just sits spinning for ages saying ‘connecting’  but never seems to. If you click continue it’s just back to square one. So it seems to be related to the video bandwidth but not connecting?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera shows in your account, delete it. Try resetting the camera and then add it again.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

louislouis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, done lots of times, makes no difference

louislouis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed, at least for now! A factory reset this time did the business, thanks!