Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hm2088
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I recently had to change my BT hub to a new one due to an error with my Internet. 

I have then since tried to reconnect my essential video doorbell and chime to the new network.

I have deleted both devices and tried to reinstall. I was able to connect the chime. However, when I get to the stage where you need to scan the QR code for the video doorbell set up, it doesn't recognise the QR code. I have tried everything!! Factory reset, updated my network to 2.4 ghz, cleaned the camera, fully charged the battery and nothing is working. The network and password are correct and the same as my phone. Can someone help? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For future reference, it's much easier to simply change the new router's WiFi settings to the old SSID and password. Your devices will automatically connect without issue.

Is there an error when scanning the QR code or does it just fail to read it? Can you try pinch zooming when trying to scan to see what happens? Taking a picture of the code and printing it out can be a workaround.

Hm2088
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera fails to read it

I have screenshotted it and zoomed in etc tried every angle and it doesn't make any sound or recognise it

The instructions said to try a factory reset if all other options hadn't worked so I had to remove the device.

Is there something wrong with the camera? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.