Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to get notifications on another family's arlo account

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to get notifications on another family's arlo account now that email notifications option is no longer an option. I only see Push notifications option. I have my arlo app on my cell opened but would also like to get notifications from the other family member. They granted me access to there arlo account but that doesn't help with getting notifications on my cell if I'm signed into my own arlo account. Is there away for me to get those notifications? If not Will arlo ever get email notifications to work again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had used a different email address than my own arlo acct, as soon as I used my own arlo acct email address & granted that access in my parents arlo acct I can now see there cameras in my acct. Thank you, 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the family member a shared account under the main account with the Arlo cameras?

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

They granted me access to there arlo acct, but I have my own home arlo system which I'm signed into the app on my cell so I'm not getting any of there notifications unless I sign into there acct, but I'm not going to stay signed in which is why I don't get there notifications.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knorth2000 wrote:

They granted me access to there arlo acct, 

Did you accept the invite they sent you?

Best to do that on a PC, by clicking on the "Create Account" link.  That will open up your browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, you log into to your existing account (completing the two factor authentication step).

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I accepted the invite.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knorth2000 wrote:

Yes, I accepted the invite.

Ok.  Does their account show that the invite was accepted?  Or does it still say pending?

Also, does your app show "Library" as a menu option?  Or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

What does their app show?

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

It says I was accepted.

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

It says I was accepted & in the app at the bottom says library 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knorth2000 wrote:

It says I was accepted & in the app at the bottom says library 

Do both apps/accounts say "Library"?  Or just one?

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

They both say library. My apps on android & there's is on iPhone, but both say library.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knorth2000 wrote:

They both say library. My apps on android & there's is on iPhone, but both say library.

and you are not seeing their cameras when you log into your account?

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I sign into there acct on my cell I see there cameras but since I have my own arlo system I need to stay signed into my acct on my cell which means I don't get there push notifications. This all started after arlo stopped sending notifications over email addresses. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Knorth2000 wrote:

If I sign into there acct on my cell I see there cameras

Not my question. You should see the cameras that they shared via the invite when you log in using your account.

If that didn't work, maybe have them try revoking the invite, and try it again.

Knorth2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had used a different email address than my own arlo acct, as soon as I used my own arlo acct email address & granted that access in my parents arlo acct I can now see there cameras in my acct. Thank you,