Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to Connect Essentials Spotlight cam to Existing VMB4000 Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kirra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras & the WMB4000 base station for several years.  Hoping to add 2 more cams.  Researched & found that Essentials Spotlight cam works with this base station, altho it can also operate on wi-fi only. (But I don’t want it to.)  No instructions in box, other than “see app for instructions.”  So I charged new cam, opened Arlo app on my phone, & clicked on “Add New Device”. Selected Essentials Spotlight cam, & the only option is to connect to wi-fi.  In researching, I did find that if the camera is already connected to wi-fi you need to uninstall it before connecting to a base station. So I’m pretty sure I don’t need to connect to wi-fi 1st, b/c that wouldn’t make sense.  Any suggestions?  I do not want to disconnect my base station & start over b/c the rest of the system works.  But if I can’t connect these new cams to my base hub, they’re going back.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect that the firmware needs to be updated before it can be paired to a base/hub. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Kirra

Are you still having an issue onboarding your camera? 

Kirra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

Yes, I am.  I’ve tried everything Arlo has suggested, including holding button until amber lights appear, which resets/turns camera off. I waited a bit, then turned it back on & went thru the setup,  process again (in the Argo app), while sitting <2’ from the base station, which was on (3 green lights) w/ 2 Arlo Pro cams already connected. Still only got option to connect new Essential Spotlite cam direct to Wi-Fi…  So I turned cam off again.  Saw earlier suggestion about updating firmware, but no idea how to do that?

I appreciate your help 😃