Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NewcamT
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to use my code from the EOL fiasco to get 75% the subscription on the new cameras I bought but it keeps saying the code is “unable to get coupon details”

what am I doing wrong? I’m doing monthly unlimited cameras.  Same account as the old ones and everything. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NewcamT,

Which plan are you selecting? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

JamesC

NewcamT
Tutor
Tutor

not at the moment but what should I take a screen shot of? I tried a couple different monthly plan options and that gives me the error “unable to get coupon details”…

I did a search and it looks like a common problem that someone has to create a ticket for and fix based on the others posts I saw. Has anyone successfully done it on their own?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NewcamT,

I've opened and escalated a ticket containing the details you've mentioned here. An agent from the care team will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

NewcamT
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate you trying but just want to express my DISAPPOINTMENT in arlo customer service!!! Not only did the ticket created say I had a problem with my camera charging (no no one ever said that as you see the problem was this code not working which was my issue) but I would like to complain about the MULTIPLE messages I had to send to the incorrect ticket subject explaining this to them as well as back and forth messages asking my time zone and phone number and various ridiculous things to which no one ever called!!!  I only assume arlo was offering NO HELP to drag out the time to require me to pay full price!! Which I ended up having to do because no one would help me. WTF? TERRIBLE customer service!!! Terrible. I will never buy anymore of these cameras! Ever!

Not only that but my daughter has a coupon code too to use for her subscription in the future and I assume you’re going to ignore and play games with that too. Ridiculous!!!

So you crap on your customers saying you’re taking away their free service, they buy new cameras and then you decide you were crappy and should have never told people they couldn’t have their free service and do you say they can keep their free service. But to the people that bought new cameras based on what you said you make it where the codes don’t work and you have to contact customer service to which you end up ignoring and causing people to pay full price for something YOU said should be 75% off because of something YOU did. 
ridiculous!!!

NewcamT
Tutor
Tutor

*removed because I realized my code is now exposed, another crappy ask!! Someone probably used it now and they’ll use that as an excuse

here is a screenshot of what arlo ignores, and forces people into paying full price because they do not help in a timely fashion. It’s been like 4 days—-ridiculous!! And I was forced to pay full price because of it. Terrible! I don’t know who messed up but I refuse to support this company when these cameras die.