Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help removing doorbell from mount

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Marine1302
Follower
Follower

Had to change our router and as a result had to reset the hub, cameras and doorbell.

Am not a techie and the support was great—hub loaded—-cameras up and running and rehung—-doorbell is a big problem. The top locking tab between the holding frame and bell must have broken off—it is not there…checked a neighbor’s Arlo and saw how it is supposed to be—the break is so clean you’d think the hole in the top of the unit where the clip was broken off was  supposed to be there—-frame and case won’t lock together.  I used the provided  Arlo key to unlock it—other than initial install this is the first time the case has been opened—-love our Arlo but after 6 months this shouldn’t happen—-a check of the internet shows others have had this problem too.  Not a techie but what about gluing the case shut/locked—we have it hooked up to the old bell wiring to charge it.  In theory we don’t have to open the case to recharge it…only problem I see is that there is a reset button inside the case..don’t know if we will ever need access to it…hate to buy a new Arlo doorbell after using it about 6 months..think your design folks should take a look at this issue and correct it since it seems others have had this issue.

Looking forward to your response/suggestions.

Thanks

Tom Talty

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marine1302 wrote:

hate to buy a new Arlo doorbell after using it about 6 months.

Note this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

I  suggest contacting support again, and see if you can get an RMA/warranty replacement for the doorbell.