Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing showing Armed when I am home

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Zopopeh
Follower
Follower

My geofence is not working correctly. For example I am home but still is armed. I had no issue when I had a base station however the direct connect units are not working all the time with geo fencing. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station has no bearing on GF which is a function of the phone. To state the obvious, make sure your mode for each camera is using GF and that the Home and Away settings are correct. You may want to try changing the radius of detection in the GF settings as well as ensuring that precise location is enabled in the phone's location settings.

ejahn
Star
Star

I was told by Arlo support on 10/10/22 that geofencing is now only available to base-station connected devices, even though it appears as an option in the app for non-base-station connected cameras, like my Arlo Q, which can't connect to a base station.  This is a horrible policy change, because now people with Arlo Essential Indoors connected directly to the wireless router and all Arlo Q (since they cannot connect to a base station; only directly to the wifi router) cameras can no longer use geofencing.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ejahn wrote:

I was told by Arlo support on 10/10/22 that geofencing is now only available to base-station connected devices,

That sounds wrong to me - especially since the newer cameras are increasingly deployed w/o a base.  I tagged the mods on your other thread so they can clarify - and am also tagging them here:  @JamesC and @ShayneS .

Unfortunately there have been other cases where Arlo support gave customers incorrect information (and if the policy did change, they didn't update the KB articles on geofencing to say that).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, I'm looking in to your case with support as there may have been some confusion regarding the geofencing feature. 

You can use AP/router connected devices with Geofencing. May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.