Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False Notifications Arlo Essential Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kuk42
Follower
Follower

My wife and I are getting False Notifications and its really frustrating!  The notification is saying Motion Alert, but when we go into the App, there isn't anything.  The only thing it shows is a still shot picture on the home screen, but obviously when I press play, it will go to live.  There isn't anything in the library.  We have 4 Arlo Cameras-2 Essential Spotlights, and 2 older models connected to a Base Station.  The older models are fine, but the newer ones Stink!

The notification would come in when we launch the App.  We would erase everything in the library, but they would still pop up.  There was an article I went through on here and it said its solved, but it really wasn't!  I did everything people said on that discussion and its still the same.

Any other solutions you have please let me know

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kuk42 wrote:

The notification is saying Motion Alert, but when we go into the App, there isn't anything.

The first thing to check is the subscription status, as that is exactly the behavior you get if the subscription has lapsed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, videos noted as Motion may also be due to something that moved quickly enough to not be visible when the camera started recording or just a very small part of the subject may be visible briefly. I had 2 Motion recordings this morning - one was the south-bound end of a north-bound cat or rabbit behind a car and the other was a mouse scurrying away. Viewing on a larger screen may help.