Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essesntial Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TheWildGoose
Follower
Follower

Does anyone actually work at arlo? I need an actual person to answer a question. I am going to email customer service. I bought 12 cameras this week for a small business. 10 Essential spotlight and 2 pro 3 floodlights. I got the floodlights and 1 essential connected. Now, I have 9 paperweights on my desk that will not connect to the app. Anybody have any ideas before I throw them in a trash bag and take them back to Best Buy? $1500 wasted!!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheWildGoose wrote:

I am going to email customer service. I bought 12 cameras this week for a small business. 10 Essential spotlight and 2 pro 3 floodlights. I got the floodlights and 1 essential connected. 

A better path is to use phone support.  Go into the support area of the app, and select one of the cameras you managed to onboard (since it should be on the trial subscription).  Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support.  It is available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.

Also, 

• Be careful to select the Essential Spotlight when you use Add Device (just picking Essential will fail)
  • If you are using the app to onboard, then try using a PC instead (browsing to my.arlo.com).  Ideally connect the PC with ethernet.
  • If you are using wifi on the PC (or are using the app), then disable 5 ghz wifi in your router if it lets you do that.  Re-enable it after onboarding.

You can also try resetting the problem cameras:

Since the cameras aren't in your account yet, you can skip over the instructions to remove them.