Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SAFNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just can't see how this mount can ever hold the camera in place. There is no way to tighten it all together and stop it flopping around. I have 4 of them and have tried but even when you think you've done it you wait a few days and gravity drops it down again. Any answers?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mount are you using? If it's a threaded mount, you may need to use a pair of pliers to carefully tighten the mount securely. Just don't crank on it. You could also do this with your hands but hand strength varies.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The adjustable mounts are a little difficult to adjust right.  I always make an effort to jiggle the camera a bit while I'm tightening the thumbscrew to hold it in position.... that way if the thing is just in a little bit of a bind and not completely tight... hopefully it will work itself out of that bind before I think I'm done!

I'm taking for granted that you're talking about the swivel part of the mount, not the threaded mounting hole in the back of the camera.

SAFNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback. The back part of the mount is securely screwed to the wall and the second part securely screwed into the back of the camera. The difficulty is getting the camera into the position where I want it and holding it still and getting the thumb screw tightened enough to hold it there. I thought I had it but the cameras 'drooped' over a couple of weeks. Being small and female and not strong hands It is not the right mounting system for me. I've gone back with pliers to have another go. I bought 4 so have to make it work!! I'm really disapointed that this poor design lets down an expensive product.

SAFNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I've gone back with pliers to give it another go. I've also learned that the two parts have to be pushed hard together for it to work at all. I'm really not impressed with this design. It is hard to get it where you want it and secured.