Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SuTzu
Tutor
Tutor
Periodically once or twice a week I’m having to turn off via the app this camera because it decides to not record and the spotlight seems to remain permanently on and drains the battery so much that the solar panel can not charge it sufficiently.

As time progresses I will need to turn off the camera more often until I have to restart the base along with the camera. When restarting the base no longer works I then need to remove the device and re-add it.

Curiously the other cameras used to suffer a no recording phase but live view still working issue but have not had this on them in a long time.

The XL states no updates are available.

Very annoying, my essential xl is under warranty for another month, if a resolution isn’t found I shall return it and leave appropriate feedback.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SuTzu,

The symptoms you describe could be related to a connectivity issue. Connecting directly to WIFi is certainly worth trying, if you have the option.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SuTzu,

Is the signal strength weak for this camera? How far away from the router/base station is it and are there any other nearby devices that could be causing WiFi interference?

JamesC

SuTzu
Tutor
Tutor
The signal strength is 2/3 bars, there is another older Arlo 2 camera in approx the same distance that does not suffer the same issue, would you recommend connecting the essential direct to wifi which is a heck of a lot closer than the base?
Our wifi router is at a similar height about 5 meters away.

Thank you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SuTzu,

The symptoms you describe could be related to a connectivity issue. Connecting directly to WIFi is certainly worth trying, if you have the option.

JamesC

SuTzu
Tutor
Tutor

Apologies for the late reply, I was away for easter holidays. I have no removed it from the base station and connected directly to wifi so will monitor it's behaviour over the next week. Cheers!

SuTzu
Tutor
Tutor

So far I am seeing battery level updates and haven't yet had the spotlight stuck on issue, it could be the newer XL's require a strong signal to wifi unlike the older arlo 2 pros. 

Appreciate the advice and will mark as the solution