Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Omaha_Michael
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there.  My cameras are slow to charge.  One was 3% and the other 15%.  They are taking over 48 hours to reach 100%.  Do I need to reboot them so how, or is this normal?  I have tried different chargers but no difference.  Cameras are 18 months old.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Omaha_Michael wrote:

Hi there.  My cameras are slow to charge.  One was 3% and the other 15%.  They are taking over 48 hours to reach 100%.  Do I need to reboot them so how, or is this normal?  I have tried different chargers but no difference.  Cameras are 18 months old.

Do you know the specs of the chargers you are using (in particular how many amps they deliver)?

Omaha_Michael
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am principally using this charger: 5V 3.4Amp/17 Watt.  Is there a different one I should be using.  (I have an Arlo Pro 3 with a base that came with a charger for those batteries, however it is in another property a distance away.  I am not sure what the amps are on that)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Omaha_Michael wrote:

I am principally using this charger: 5V 3.4Amp/17 Watt.

Is this a multi-port charger?  A typical USB-A single-port charger will deliver 5 v 2 amps.

Omaha_Michael
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am using a Multi port.  I do have a 5W 2.1 amp. and a 5W 2.4 amp  Should I only be using that and will that assist in charging faster (compared to the annoyingly slow time now).  If you could explain it would be appreciated. 😁

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Omaha_Michael wrote:

Yes I am using a Multi port.  I do have a 5W 2.1 amp. and a 5W 2.4 amp  Should I only be using that and will that assist in charging faster (compared to the annoyingly slow time now).  If you could explain it would be appreciated. 😁

The 3.4 amp charger is distributing that power to all the ports.  Often that is done by just setting a fixed amount per port.  That could be quite a bit less power than a single port 2.1 amp charger.

So I'd try the other chargers, and see if they work better for you.