Essential XL taking a LONG time to turn on or off

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

New camera- Essential XL.. all set up correctly, but in the new app its taking WAY too long to respond to on off commands, either manually in the settings, or more worryingly when sent from an outside app (smartthings)
it just doesnt turn off at all.. producing alerts I wasnt expecting 
all other older cameras perform perfectly..

switching on or off  in device settings for example gives a spinning wheel for 30 seconds or more  (locking up the app while doing it)   then it eventually reacts..
turning off seems slightly faster 

reset it...re paired it... no change...even tried it sat on top of the router (it says signal is strong where its mounted btw) 
any ideas as this is unusable like this. !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply 
I mentioned having tried that .. ".even tried it sat on top of the router" (cant get closer than that LOL ) 
I have now reset for a third time and started again, and for now..its working again normally..  ! 
lets see if it carries on... makes no sense why its suddenly fixed..
will report back again if it shows same issue

appreciate the help 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Move the camera closer to your router for testing. If it works properly, it's something about the location. you say signal strength is high but interference from a wireless devices that also uses the 2.4GHz band could be the issue.

wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply 
I mentioned having tried that .. ".even tried it sat on top of the router" (cant get closer than that LOL ) 
I have now reset for a third time and started again, and for now..its working again normally..  ! 
lets see if it carries on... makes no sense why its suddenly fixed..
will report back again if it shows same issue

appreciate the help