Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential VMC2030 will not live stream or record

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JTriverst
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware: 1.090.27.6_45_1583184 new replacement
Hardware: VMC2030AerH9
Will not live stream or record.  It's on a 2.4ghz only network. replaced camera after spending a day chatting with support, reinstalled the app on my iPhone to the latest release 5/11/2022 - installed today 5/19  I didn't change the app at all before it stopped working.  Also it doesn't stream from the web browser either.  It happened all the sudden 5/11/2022

Reading through the discussions, many are a similar story.  I really believe Arlo has a serious issue that they are not confessing to.  The camera is useless to me.  I'd be happy to get on a call with support to help identify this issue.  I'd rather not chat for four hours when I could say the same thing in 20 minutes.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTriverst wrote:
Firmware: 1.090.27.6_45_1583184 new replacement
Hardware: VMC2030AerH9
Will not live stream or record.  

Recording requires a subscription, but live streaming does not.

Have you tried live streaming on a PC (windows or mac) by browsing to my.arlo.com?  Does that behave differently from the phone?

JTriverst
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a subscription.  It worked fine for a couple months.  It doesn't do anything.   Same behavior on the web as on the app.  Press the live button and it tries and times out.  This is the second camera.  They replaced it because of this.  The new one does the same thing.

The Arlo platform seems like it has an underlying problem.  There are way too many comments here with the same symptoms.  They need to fix it.

JTriverst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo's new Logo
arlo_fail.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JTriverst,

Try removing the camera, factory reset and onboard as if new. Do you still experience the same behavior?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC